Okay, I need a name for this. Gonna start a new blog for it so it will have it’s own space. Once I have some extra moola, I may get a separate website for it altogether, but for now, while it’s a baby, it’ll start off with just a separate blog page.
So, I did about one minute of research and know that “Random Acts of Kindness,” and “Pay It Forward” are taken. I don’t see much of anything for “Pass It On,” so what do you think of this for a name? Any ideas? Do you like it? Do you have any other ideas?
Who wishes to participate? If you wish to participate, please let me know all your ideas so we can started with this thing.
Ideas to help others:
1. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, shelter, food pantry or community closet.
2. When the season is right, volunteer to mow an elder person’s yard for them.
3. Form a community walk at certain times during the week so others can join and not walk alone – see if you can put a free ad in your local newspaper to let them know.
4. Bake a casserole for someone you know is sick or elderly or lost their job or depressed. If you don’t know of anyone, you can call local churches and ask about those people.
5. Volunteer at a hospital, or children’s hospital. You can talk to people, read to them, play your guitar for them and perhaps bring an item for them (if it’s okay by the nurse for them to have it.) You can also rock babies, sing to them, touch them. Just holding someone’s hand or gently caressing their arm or face is so healing.
6. Buy a burger for a homeless person.
7. When you’re buying your coffee, give the cashier $10 and ask that it be used for the next people who order.
8. When you see someone that you know could use your help and it might only take 5-10 minutes out of your day, help them.
Please forward any and all ideas!! Thanks!!!