40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? Not as a child, although I had wanted to be a girl scout. As an adult, I enrolled as a Girl Scout parent when my daughter enrolled in Girl Scouts.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? I’ve done the boat thing twice and will never ever do it again, so most definitely fly.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? Something to do with light from the sun. Light from the sun consists of various colors of the rainbow and the strongest color our eyes are able to see is the blue, so something about our atmosphere and particles colliding with that light – it all combines into the color blue lighting up the sky. At night, the sun is elsewhere, so we do not have the light particles to conceal space/black. Black is the lack of color/light.
43. What does your name mean? Song of joy
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? Both but if I had to choose, I’d say outer space.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Loves (I always tell Hallie and Mama, “I love you more than the air I breathe.”)
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be? J. R. R. Tolkien or Robin Williams
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? Jesus
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? Anne of Green Gables or either Harry Potter (the original’s the best).
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? Lots of books to read, my book light, my laptop with extra battery pack, a notebook full of paper, about 10 pens and pencils, a bottle of water to just sip (remembering what goes in must come out) but to not become dehydrated. You can only go maybe 3-5 or 6 days without water before you die, potentially (depending on one’s health).
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved? I was nearly pulled down in strong and fast river currents. Had part of a tree not been sticking out for me to grab onto from the bank, I would have gone under. It was shaking and pulling me with great strength. I was thankful my boyfriend ran over to that tree to reach out his hand to grab me. Had he not, I most certainly would have drowned.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: In year 2025, a fruit drink as well as fruit bites with a microscopic computer chip nanobyte inside produced by Intel and purchased by Google to be accessed by the consumer and connected to the internet at any time just by word command. (gimme a break — all I could come up with in 30 seconds)
Ambytime: In year 2020, similar to Country Time (the producer of powdered lemonade) but Ambytime is a producer of Amby flavored drinks. Amby is a synthetic flavor, computer generated to produce any flavor the consumer wishes to purchase.
Asscactus: A very mean spirited, prickly sort of person, nearly impossible to deal with. (I’ve known a few of these. Haven’t we all?)
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? I made chicken alfredo this morning to be packed for my child’s lunch. Does that count?
53. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hmm. This one was hard. I didn’t have a lot of toys as a child but one for sure that I remember loving was a Barbie Townhouse with an elevator. I think you pulled the elevator by a string to make it go up and down. It was the coolest thing ever! I thought I’d never get such a lavish gift! I had unwrapped that gift and started playing with it. Mama asked, “Aren’t you going to open your other gifts?” I said, “I got more?!” And then to find the Barbie Summer House under the tree!!!?? I must have done something right that year for Santa to be so generous! 🙂