I had a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure, so I thought I’d take Hallie for a treat, and we’d have a Mommy and Me Day, get manicures and pedicures together, go have lunch at her favorite restaurant, etc. So, this was her first professional manicure and pedicure and she picked blue polish with white polka dots. Cute, right? (2009) Lookin’ DOWN, admirin’ her sweet feet. 😉
Day 50 of my Project 366.
Good night. God speed. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams.
Thanks to my friend, Cee, and her lovely blog, I’m playing her Share Your World questions for this week. I hope you join in the fun, and play along. Share your world with us.
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
- Are you a cat, dog, goat or prefer the zoo person?
- What really makes my heart sing?
- What word or words are fun for you to say? And yes Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious counts as a fun word!
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Hmmm… Motorcycle. And chair lift. I like planes, because you get there faster. I like trains, because you can relax, take your time, get to know people, and see the sights along with way. Buses are sort of the same. I prefer to drive our SUV or Mama’s truck, so we can stop whenever we feel like it, to check out the view, snap pictures, eat, shop, whatever. Motorcycles scare me, I don’t like bugs in my teeth, and a couple of friends I used to have got killed on them – dangerous. I’m scared of heights, but I LOVE to ski. I prefer the poma lift where you can be pulled uphill and your feet are still on the ground. Sitting on a bench with no safety bar, dangling from a cable high above the trees is NOT my idea of fun.
- Are you a cat, dog, goat or prefer the zoo person? Dog would probably be number 1, but we are fanatical when it comes to animals. We love them all, and have had many different kinds and I’m sure we’ll have many more to come.
- What really makes my heart sing? My awesome daughter, Hallie; my sweet Mama – they are my bestest friends in the world and I’m a better person for knowing them. Taking pictures. Writing, creatively. Singing, dancing and laughing with Hallie to the radio/ipod/cd. The laughter of children. Coffee in the morning. Sunshine after it’s been raining nonstop for a week. Our furry babies – especially Buddy (don’t tell the others). Chocolate! Seeing babies. Seeing an old couple holding hands. Traveling. The sky. Oh, I could go on and on here. I don’t think you have all day, so I’ll end now.
- What word or words are fun for you to say? And yes Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious counts as a fun word! Some of my favorite words are usually Hallieisms. She had her own vocabulary when she was leeetle, and sometimes still does: Particerate = “Yes, I’d like to particerate in that.”; Pacific = “Let me try to be a little more pacific.”; “I pwedge awegiance to de fwag of de United States of Amewica. And to de pubwic, fow undewstands, one nation undew God, invisible, and dis is fow awe.”; “Scared me to deaf.”; “I think I’m going death.” There are more, but those are some of my favorites. I love that I have her on audio and video tape, so I can listen to ‘little her’ again and again. She still says cute, funny things at twelve, though.
Y’all have a beautiful day! The sun is shining today! Hallie-luyah!!! 😉