Alyson over at http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/2012/02/23/tag-youre-it/ sent me this challenge and I thought it looked like fun, so I’m playing along. I hope you will, too.
Image courtesy of www.brementownmusicians.com
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about him/herself on their blog.
- Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
- Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.
So here goes:
11 things about myself:
1. I have moved about twenty-two times, lived in about thirteen different cities, and lived in five different states, visited one other country, and only lived in the USA.
2. One breed of dog I’ve always wanted in my family is a border collie, but haven’t had one, yet, although I’ve befriended a couple.
3. I may be a southern girl, but I hope to one day live further north, closer to the mountains again and with snow in the winters. LOVE rocks and mountains and snow!
4. One of my favorite flowers is gladiolus.
5. To hear crickets chirping at night is music to my ears.
6. I so enjoy waking to the sound of the rooster crowing across the road or birds singing out my window, and not my alarm clock!
7. I love waking to my baby kissing me, although I’m usually the first one up.
8. My favourite color is green.
9. I am my own worst enemy. See self sabotage.
10. One of my favorite things is taking pictures.
11. Writing is one of my favorite things when I’m not busy sabotaging my efforts.
Here are the questions I was asked: (with my answers)
1. What do you enjoy about blogging? Many things. I feel I can be myself, just silly ole me, express myself, and share my soul (a little or a lot, depending on my mood), perhaps because I love writing, typing, photography, and making new friends with like-minded people who share some of my same interests. It’s just nice to find folks who have things in common with you, share some of your same feelings, and are so supportive and caring. It makes the world seem a little smaller. And it’s nice to know you’re never alone. There are many interesting people out there and I’ve met a few in the blogging community, who now I’m blessed to call friends.
2. What is the last website you bookmarked? Seriously? Okay, you asked. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/build/msg111249202133.html = Mudroom Locker Systems (got to have options)
3. What is your favorite flavor of ice-cream? Chocolate!!!
4. What is the ringer sound on your mobile phone? Firefly by Owl City
5. Who is the celebrity you would most like to meet and why? Ian Somerhalder. Just to look into those beautiful blues and smooch those delicious lips of his. Oh my! Excuse me while I wipe off the drool. ;) He makes me swoon! Hey, a girl can dream, right?
6. If you could have lived during another time in history, what time would that have been and why? The days that Jesus walked the Earth. To have met Him, to have touched Him, to have known Him on a more personal level – how awesome would that have been?! Although, I’m happy to live in this time in history, too. I actually wouldn’t change a thing.
7. What would be your favorite gift to receive? Well, I received my favorite gift yesterday = A job! So, now, it would be a Canon EOS 5D Mark II – awesomist camera in the whole stinkin’ world!
8. How many hours per day do you spend on the computer? Wow, tough one. An hour to blog, an hour to check on my friends’ blogs, an hour or two to write? So maybe anywhere from two to four hours? Unless it’s been an extremely eventful day, in which case, I’d have to say ten to fifteen minutes, like last night.
9. What would be your favorite meal in a restaurant? Easy one. Chicken Picatta. Love it! Oh, unless it’s Saltgrass Steakhouse, which then, of course, would be their fine filet with either garlic butter or blue cheese butter, house salad with their homemade blue cheese dressing and homemade croutons, and their awesome cheesecake!! Again, excuse me as I wipe the drool from my chin. ;)’ Saltgrass is the best restaurant EVER!
10. If you had to describe your blog in six words – what would they be? Finding beauty, self-expression, making friends.
11. What book have you read recently that you would recommend to others? Have read a few, but the best, by far, that still resonates within my soul, is The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. (It sort of makes the Bible more user-friendly.)
And here are the blogs I am tagging – Some of these bloggers, I’ve come to know and am blessed to call friends. Some of you are new to me and I’d like to get to know you better.
1. in tuit http://allwaysjudee.wordpress.com/
2. Colline’s Blog http://collinesblog.wordpress.com/
3. Gerry’s Space http://cobbies69.wordpress.com/
4. Sonel’s Corner (yes, I know you tagged me with another one) http://sonelscorner.wordpress.com/ Please don’t shoot me…with that rubber band!? (I’ll let you get by with just answering the questions, k? And telling us 11 random things about yourself?)
5. Living Life in Glorious Colour http://maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com/
6. Makes me Wander http://makesmewander.com/
7. Stopping the Wind http://breakingtherubberband.wordpress.com/
8. Project 365 Challenge http://postadaychallenge2011.com/
9. Hearing His Voice http://learning2hear.com/
10. Wise Counsel http://teeceecounsel.wordpress.com/
11. Writing From The Edge http://lorely-writingfromtheedge.blogspot.com/2012/02/picture-it-in-your-own-words-indulge.html
And here are their questions:
1. What is one of your favorite memories as a child (from infancy to about age twelve, or as early as you can remember)?
2. What gives you peace, rest and calmness?
3. If you could change anything about your past, would you, what would it be, and why would you change it?
4. What three things give you the most happiness in your life today (can be anything, actions, people, etc. – can be more than three)?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world to visit or vacation, where would that be?
6. If you could have any gift, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite type of movie (comedy, romance, action, drama, family, horror, tear-jerker, etc.)?
8. If you had a free day to do anything you wanted within that 24 hours, what would you do?
9. What’s your favorite? Sweet or salty?
10. If you could describe yourself or your blog with 11 words, what would they be (separate words, a sentence, phrases, poem, etc.)?
11. If you could give a message that would reach every person around the globe, what message would that be (this can be as short or long as you wish)?
And have an awesomely beautiful day, y’all! *hug*